Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Heart's Song


Psalm 33:4-5 "For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love.

This past week has been a very difficult one for my family and I. I know that the battle is not yet over, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a long journey and we thought this day would never come; however, we held on to the truth that God's timing is always perfect! We know that what satan has meant for harm in the end God will use this situation to help further His kingdom. We have come to the realization that we may never have the justice we would like to see, but we know that God's got it all under control. He is bigger then all of it! At the beginning of this week I heard for the first time a song called "Healing Hand Of God" by Jeremy Camp, which I have heard at least three times a day. Knowing all that was going to happen this week I broke down crying on the way to school because I felt God was telling me to hold on to what is being held out, my sweet daughter, which is My healing hand. In that moment I knew that yes this all may be tough but God is going to hold our hand through it and as Max Lucado says in his book Fearless "when you place your faith in Christ, Christ places His Spirit before, behind, and within you." I knew there was nothing to fear because God was on our side. Sometimes standing up for what is right and true is hard and takes a lot of courage; I have found that the strength to do so only comes from our amazing Father and Creator. This secret that has kept us in bondage for so long is no more and we have found freedom in the shelter of the Lord. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is FREEDOM!

Here is the lyrics to Jeremy Camps song. God used this song to remind me that He knows just what I am going through. "When you feel there is not anyone, Who understands your pain, Just remember all of Jesus' suffering." What an encouragement this song has been to me so I thought I would share it with all of you who may need to read these words and be reminded of our Father's healing hand.


Healing Hand Of God lyrics

I have seen the many faces,
I fear in the pain.
I have watched the tears fall plenty,
From heart ache and strength.
So if life's journey,
Has you weary and afraid.
There's rest in the shadow of his wings.
I have walked through the valleys,
The mountains and plains.
I have held the hand of freedom,
It washes all my stains.
If you feel the weight of many trials,
And burdens from this world.
There's freedom in the shelter of the Lord.

Chorus:
I have seen,
The healing hand of God,
Reaching out and mending broken hearts.
Taste and see the fullness of His peace,
And hold on to what's being held out.
The healing hand of God.

I have touched the scars upon His hands,
To see if they were real.
He has walked the road before me,
He knows just how I feel.
When you feel there is not anyone,
Who understands your pain,
Just remember all of Jesus' suffering.

(Chorus)

Cast all your cares on Him,
For He cares for you.
He's near to the broken and confused.
By His stripes,
Our spirit is renewed.
So enter in the joy prepared for you.

(Chorus)

The healing hand of God (x2)
And hold on to what's being held out (x2)
The healing hand of God
Oh Oh Oh Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment